Friday, March 14, 2008

The Good Ole Boys

When I heard I would be visiting Nashville I did what any self respecting woman of my age would do--I checked out the tourist info online. And I found a jackpot!! There is a "Dukes of Hazard" museum in Nashville. It's called Cooter's Place and it is owned by the man who played Cooter. Why was this such a jackpot to me? Because I have always loved the Dukes--since even before I can remember. My favorite childhood memory, that I don't remember, (too young and all that). Is that the Dukes of Hazard used to play at 10:30pm on Saturday nights--after the news. So, every Saturday when the credits were rolling for the news I would wander out-security blanket in hand-and crawl into my dad's lap to watch the show. Unfortunately I was too young (under 3) to remember these fabulous bonding moments, but I do remember always fighting with my brother to try to watch the show when it used to be on Saturday morning re-runs (not much more than 3 but I do remember). It has long been one of my favorite childhood shows. So, Saturday morning bright and early we went to Cooter's Place. The photos are below.

No comments: